Very strong hold. Manages to keep all my hair in check throughout the day.
Restyling halfway throughout the day is easy due to it strong hold.
Super matte. Zero shine at all.
After scooping it out and breaking it down on your hand, you find the the grip starts to come in immediately.
Applying it to my hair, i find that it tugs and pull my hair a lot. To the point that is is painful, and i see hair dropping.
Changing to a comb does no help. Still tugs and pull on the comb and is kind of painful. You can see hair getting stuck onto the comb.
Not really easy to wash off. With just water, the clay comes off only about 50%.
Have to use shampoo 1-2 times to fully clean it out.
After drying hair, i find that my hair stays dry, and gives a straw-like feeling.
Overall i feel that this is a great product, but has a few flaws. Compared to other clay products, you find that this is much harder to apply and much harder to wash off. But still, the hold is strong, and the matte finish is great. So if any users are trying out clay for the first time, this is a good product to try and justify if clay works for you. But for long time users, better get a better product.
Just like everything stated, 3/5 hold, 3/5 shine. So if you are finding yourself a high hold product, do not get this.
Great for using as a conditioner, provides a lot of nourishment for your hair. Hair feels good after washing.
Washes of very easily with just water.
The product is also very creamy and applies to your hair very easily, no tugging, no pulling.
Smells great and feels great in my hair.
- Beautifully designed sticker on the typical amber glass jar of other homebrewed products - looks better IRL (5/5)
- Fresh and clean citrus and Cypress smell (5/5)
- Easy to scoop out, smooth and creamy (5/5)
- Product gets sticky and develops a strong resistance really quickly when emulsifying between palms, making application on dry hair difficult. Be prepared for hairs to fall out if applied to dry hair. Application on damp hair is recommended - smooth and easy (4/5)
- Product has a light natural shine on initial application, while having top notch control and strong hold. Clean, controlled look on initial application. However the shine disappears after 2-3 hours, and the style develops into a natural, matte look. At this point, it becomes easy to run fingers through your hair. Product still exhibits strong hold even though the initial grippiness has given way to a light, almost product-less kind of feel. (4/5)
- Product rinses 60% with water, and a rinse with shampoo takes it all out. (5/5)
Great water-based pomade.
Doesn't have strong scent, no need for re-style and easily hold up to 12 hours, doesn't create hair flakes.
Only issue is it's not easy to wash off. 2 Times shampoo or 1 time shampoo + 1 time conditioner. Other than that, it's a great product.